24 March 2015

Swizzels Matlow Squashies Review :)


Hiyya Lovelies,
Today I'm going to do a "mouth watering" review on "Swizzels Matlow" sweets. I currently brought all these products myself to review and I enjoyed reviewing them.

So to start of I am reviewing the "newest" sweets they have brought out called "Squashies". Now some of you may have herd of these and some of you might have not herd of these. So hopefully I can introduce the "newbies" to these products.



As the name suggests, Squashies are a soft, chewy version of the old classics so I was keen to see if Me and my fellow house mates would like them just as much as the originals.Now these come in 4 different "variety's" and "flavours" which are "Drumstick, Refreshers, Double Lollies & Love Hearts". The packets all look bright and eye catching, and obviously aimed at fans of "Haribo" type sweets.I'm going to review these 4 products one by one so I can explain them in more detail for you.


So first up is the "Drumstick Squashies". These remind me a bit of the pink foam milk bottles I used to love as a kid. They have a really punchy, fruity flavour which is lovely and they do taste similar to the Drumstick lollies I remember from back in the days. I gave each of my fellow house mate one to try and they all loved them too. The pack I brought was a single-serving of  50g bag so they didn't last long.
Next up are the "Love Heart Squashies". These are lovely, soft, fruity-flavoured sweets that reminded me of the texture of the "Haribo" turtles you can get .They are quite big so I do recommend you to keep an eye on little children just in case they might swallow them whole. I gave one each to my fellow house mates and they preferred them to normal Love Hearts because there not all so keen on fizzy, sherbet-based sweets, but I did find the messages much harder to read than on the classic Love Hearts, which is a shame. These ones came in a 160g sharing bag as I couldn't find them in a 50g bag but they still didn't last long because they were so lovely.
Next are the "Refreshers Squashies". These are a strawberry and lemon flavour chewy sweet. They have a sugary sherbet covering which is not sour and just adds a slightly crunchy texture. The strawberry ones were my favourite - the flavour reminded me of strawberry ice cream. The lemon ones were quite disappointing as there is no real lemon flavour to them, they just tasted bland and sugary. The flavours have obviously been pitched more at kids but I think these could have done with some extra flavour. I gave one to my fellow house mates and they all liked them and had no complaints at all towards them. These came in a 50g bag and I didn't eat  these myself I did actually pass them onto one of my house mates, so they properly didn't last long either.
Lastly is the "Double Lolly Squashies". Now I do believe these are "new" to the squashies range but I'm not 100% sure. Now me and my fellow house mates do not like the orignal double lollies as we don't like the texture of them-they just seem a little "sherbety" when you bite into them-and we don't like sherbet that much. Now we was very worried what the squashie versions were gonna taste like- Now to be honest I don't see why we was worried because there just a tasty, chewy, fruity sweet. They are like the lolly its self two colours (one on each side). I gave one each to my fellow house mates and we all really liked them because each sweet had its own fruity flavour to it. I also bought these in a 50g bag and also didnt last long because one of my house mates "accidentally" drop them one the floor and our dogs eat them- atleast we know dogs like them now i guess haha- but yes these we're very tasty.

Overall I really recommend "Swizzels Matlow Squashies" range as there are many good reasons why you should try them.
1. There great for kids.
2. Great in flavour and boost you energy up well.
3.Great handbag sweet :)
4.They are very affordable.

Rating: 10 out 10
Would you buy them again? Deferentially.
Where can you purchased them- Asda, Tesco, Morrisions, Sainsburys (any supermarket)
Price (160g)- £1.49 (Tesco) or depends where you shop.
Price (50g)- £0.45 (Tesco) or depends where you shop.


Also "Swizzels Matlow" also have a app for there "Squashies" range called "Squashies World" which is available on Google Play and the App Store.



Until then!
Kylie xox is out!x




No comments:

Post a Comment